Castle 10 is a latent defects insurance policy for new homes for sale which newly built or newly created by converting and existing building. The new home warranties are used on houses and flats / apartments which are for sale to a private buyer or for share ownership / shared equity schemes with part purchase and part rent.
Checkmate has been providing these types of warranty policies for over ten years and many of the Checkmate team have worked for Zurich Insurance Building Guarantee and Municipal Mutual Insurance prior to Checkmate. These latent defects insurance policies are similar to the Zurich Ten insurance policy and the NHBC Buildmark warranty policy.
Castle 10 is your straight forward new home warranty policy.
Castle 10 from checkmate.uk.com is underwritten by an AM Best "A" rated insurer and offers all the component parts that are required by mortgage lenders in the UK.
- Loss of deposit protection for the buyer of an off plan property between exchange of contracts and legal completion
- During the first two years cover is provided should the developer fail to honour his liabilities under the policy
- Year three to ten cover is provided for major damage only and is a full risk transfer policy
- Limited cover is provided for the full ten year for known contaminants
- All cover is fully transferable to a subsequent owner / buyer or a mortgage lender in possession
View the Castle 10 Membership Options here
Click here for a Castle 10 warranty insurance policy cost indication